[OpenLayers-Users] Performance Tuning in Internet Explorer

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Tue Sep 22 13:00:13 EDT 2009

Jim,

if it is just necessary to *SHOW* the shapes you probably might check to
serve them as WMS (try UMN  or GeoServer) or pure as UMN-CGI service ?

Doing that, your performance is an issue of the WMS server and not of
OpenLayers and there are many screws to work on like indexing,
scale-dependency and so on...and you are more browser independet,
because the only thing to show is an png or gif image.

Till

> Hi Christopher,
>
>    We are rendering active airspaces on our map.  We are required to render
> this many shapes on the map.  Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
> Jim Meyer
> Java Programmer