[OpenLayers-Users] enabling map.fractionalZoom crashes SphericalMercator layers (Google/Yahoo and maybe others)

cgp carina_palanca at forcorp.com
Wed Sep 23 17:08:28 EDT 2009

Hi,
I had the same problem a while ago with the Google base layers, and if I
remember correctly, it had something to do with the fact that Google map
tiles have fixed zoom levels, which means that it doesn't support
fractionalZoom.

http://groups.google.co.in/group/Google-Maps-API/browse_thread/thread/f7ac15c824a7b0c6

Like I said, that was a while back (about 2 months ago) and I haven't tried
it since. Maybe they've added support to that or something. Who knows?

I don't know about the other layers: Yahoo, Virtual Earth etc as I have not
worked with them.