[OpenLayers-Users] Capture Events

Diego Roberto diegorrborges at yahoo.com.br
Sun Sep 27 23:23:35 EDT 2009

need to capture an event after drawing a polygon on the map. At the
User map enables the control to draw a polygon on the map and the final
design of the desire to capture the coordinates of this polygon to
generate a search space. I can not make it through an event.
Currently I use a search button that has a onclick function that calls for the following item caught the coordinates:

var strPoligono = geojson.write (poligono.features, true);

Now how to make it through when it finishes drawing the polygon ta
screen? I tried using the onClick function but without success:

  onClick: function (evt) (
                         / / Capture the screen coordinates
                                 var strPoligono = geojson.write (poligono.features, true);
                                 / / Capture the zoom level of the map
                                 nivelZoom map.getZoom = ();
                               / / Call the function as parameter is the level of zoom and the coordinates
                                query (strPoligono, nivelZoom);

                 )

I also tried with no success onDblclickporém:

  ondblclick: function (evt) (
                         / / Capture the screen coordinates
                                 var strPoligono = geojson.write (poligono.features, true);
                                 / / Capture the zoom level of the map
                                 nivelZoom map.getZoom = ();
                               / / Call the function as parameter is the level of zoom and the coordinates
                                query (strPoligono, nivelZoom);

                 )

I use the following layer:

     / / Layer to design for polygon generation of space research
                 polygon = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector ( 'Search Polygon',
                                     / / Blue Style applied to the polygon
                                     (
                         Style: OpenLayers.StyleMap new ((
                             fillColor: "# 333399"
                             fillOpacity: 0.5
                         ))
                         )
           );

Can anyone help me?

Thank you for your attention. Have a great week.
Diego Roberto
+ 55 (62) 9619-0902
"Run after your dream ... They are the only thing you care even when you're sleeping!"