[OpenLayers-Users] Popup closing on mouseout

John McGuire jamcguir at ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 1 10:00:10 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I work at a State Climate Office and I am trying to modernize our
weather displays. I'm using JSON to create a popup with weather station
information on a map.

My question involves the need to put a hyperlink in the popup. With
using "onSelect" and "onUnselect" of the vector layer, this would show
and remove the popup when I mouseover the marker. However, I was curious
if it's possible to have the marker to show "onSelect" and be removed
when the mouse is no longer over EITHER the marker or the popup itself.

Doing the "onSelect" to show the marker is easy, I'm just having
difficulties with the popup removal when the mouse is over the popup
itself as well. Any thoughts? I would like to avoid having to have the
close box, as there will be ~400 stations listed, and would like to have
to have these disappear when the user is over the map (no other markers).

Below is a demo of what I have:
http://sco-server6.meas.ncsu.edu/webtest/workspace/cronos/map/ol_cronos_wms.php

Thanks for your time

--