[OpenLayers-Users] In the WMS GetFeatureInfo request, the params X and Y is necessary and must be specified ?

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Fri Apr 9 03:31:37 EDT 2010

ahwangyuwei at sina.com ha scritto:
> Thak you !
> the params X and Y is necessary and must be specified ?

Yes, they are mandated by the WMS standard, it actually makes
no sense to do a GetFeatureInfo without X and Y

> Can I use CQL_FILTER rather than x,y to get some features?

Nope. If you can accept a GML or GeoJSON output you can use a WFS
GetFeature to retrieve data without x and y though. Something like:

http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wfs?request=GetFeature&service=wfs&version=1.0&typeName=topp:states&cql_filter=STATE_NAME=%27New%20York%27

Cheers
Andrea

--