[OpenLayers-Users] draw feature example

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Mon Apr 12 04:42:29 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM, sunny74 <sb.ray at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> There is a draw feature  example which shows drawing a point,line and
> polygon layer.
> But there is no example on drawing a circle with a fixed radius or an
> ellipse with a fixed a,b.
> I want to draw a circle or ellipse around the point of click.
> Assuming that there is a way of drawing them,I need to have the following
> info:
> 1)GetFeatureInfo of all features contained within the circle/ellipse.
> 2)GetFeatureInfo of all features intersecting the circle/ellipse.
> 3) GetFeatureInfo of all features outside the circle/ellipse.
>
> How to do the above?

Hi. You can draw regular polygons with the RegularPolygon handler. See
the regular-polygons.html example. You won't be able to use WMS
GetFeatureInfo to get features outside of/contained in/intersecting a
polygon, as GetFeatureInfo only supports x, y parameters. You may want
to look at what WFS GetFeature can provide you.

Cheers,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS