[OpenLayers-Users] How to set map size?

Dennis Janezic / TerraTransfer GmbH d.janezic at terratransfer.de
Wed Apr 14 04:59:15 EDT 2010

Hello at all,

there is a problem I could not really solve by myself, so it would be
very nice if someone could give me a hint.

If the question has already been posted, please excuse me. I have
searched the internet, but i cannot find what I am exactly searching for...

So what I want to know from you is how to resize the map. I am using the
open layers map as child of an window component (it's an qooxdoo
application). Resizing the window still resizes the map (visual), but
when I call the "getSize()" - method, the old size of the map is
returned. (Thats a little bit strange for my understanding...) The
problem which results is that not all tiles are rendered when enlarging
the window...

I have figured out setting the size of the map manually is possible by
calling
     map.size.h = 300;

After calling this command, the "getSize()" method returns the new size
(300), but it does not lead to a solution. When calling the
"updateSize()" method, open layers compares "getCurrentSize()" and
"getSize()" and replaces the new size (300) with the old one (still
stored under "getCurrentSize()") once again and the tiles still aren't
rendered?!?

Any solution available?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis