[OpenLayers-Users] Projection problem

José Angel Rodríguez Leyva jar.cub at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:33:46 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm using Postgres/PostGIS with Geoserver and OpenLayer on Windows for
represent a set of points and polygons layers over Google Maps base
layers. All the spatial data are in EPSG:4326 projections, since the
WKT geometries on postgres's tables, the geometry_columns's register
for postgis, and the layer setup in geoserver. When I combine the WMS
layers from geoserver with anyone of Google all my features get
displaced notably to the north; especially in bigger scales.

I know that Google Maps projection is EPSG:900913 and thats why I
tried to reproject the Geoserver layers to get all in the same
reference. Sometimes I got the same result and others got nothing. One
of this tries were to use the projection and displayPorjection
properties in this way:

projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
displayProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),

But isn't clear for me if I had to reproject the layers from Geoserver
to 900913 of just left like it is. So I tried some configs variants
between declared and native (changing at the db source) SRS property
in layer definition. No one works. Now I don't use displayProjection
until I can understand good enought how it works.

This is a snapshot of my data and config in Postgress

- The geometries were inserted with a sentence like this:

INSERT INTO "TABLE"("theGeom") (geomfromtext('POINT(-1.6556196
42.8149421)', 4326));

- and geometry_columns updated:

17422;"pg_catalog";"public";"TABLE";"theGeom";2;4326;"POINT"

Then I have used in Geoserver the configurations variants I said
before. and 'srs: "EPSG:4326"' in property  of layer in Openlayers.

I think that I missed another config property or I'm not using the
right projection in some property, but now In don't know what to do.

Thanks in advanced,

José A.R.

o.o
..o