[OpenLayers-Users] How to add any functionalty of openlayers to a custom button ON the map?

Subhani Minhas subhaniminhas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:57:04 EDT 2010

Assalam o alaikum dear all. The answer to my previous post was lightning
fast and had almost all the answers I needed, actually it opened a totally
new perspective to the openlayers . That is the geoext library using rich
gui controls. My current issue is this
1. I want to add certain functionality , like the vector layer advanced
editing example in OL examples (in which you can not only draw the basic
vectors but can also rotate, resize and edit them as well) to a custom tool
bar on top of the map itself and not on any place outside map frame. Can it
be done in OL, or do I need to use geoext lib? If it can be done in OL i
would appreciate any code examples.
Thanks for all the quick help and support.

Ghulam Subhani