[OpenLayers-Users] Basic GeoServer OpenLayers map

ZAMap scventer43 at telkomsa.net
Mon Apr 26 03:02:01 EDT 2010

Hi Frank

Thanks for your help.

I managed to solve the problem over the weekend. I used addLayers with a
single layer supplied. I changed this to addLayer and my map displayed. I
also added options to the map (maxResolution, maxExtent and projection).

Lesson, don't follow tutorials blindly.

But I still have a problem displaying a text layer.

var txtLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Text("text", {location:
"./txtfile.txt"});
map.addLayer(txtLayer);

When I view the Net tab in firebug FF is just sitting there trying to load
the file.
firebug net output: GET http://localhost/test/txtfile.txt

My txtfile.txt is tab separated.

Any suggestions?