[OpenLayers-Users] Show polygon vectors as points

christophe g. christophe.geiser at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 17:53:22 EDT 2010

Hi all
I am trying to do something similar as what was described in this post back
in .... 2008.

The scenario is the following :
I have thematic maps (polygons with style rules for rendering different
colors for indictors attached to the geometry) for which I wish to allow
users to swap the rendering to proportional symbols (e.g a circle with a
size/color corresponding to indicator values).

One way to achieve this would be to get centroid information for each
polygons from the server and render this information as a new layer.
However, I would clearly prefer a client-side rule-based scenario with a
rule to be interpereded as :
show the centroid of the polygon feature in case of proportional symbols -
instead of the polygon itself.

Is there a way to achieve this?
Thanks and cheers
Christophe