[OpenLayers-Users] Transition Effect Problem

Imran Rajjad rajjad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 05:49:23 EDT 2010

hi,

blurring effect is obviously caused by scaling . That is what the
transition effect is all about , not to give that empty space on the
map incase there is some sort of latency between client and server. If
the transiston is happening on layers you did not choose to, you
should try checking with order of your layers. One more thing you can
do is to add as many layers as possible to your basemap? however I`m
not sure which mapping server you are using.

regards,
Imran

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Zaineb Suleman <zaineb at pakvistatech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using OpenLayers 2.8 and am trying to use the transitionEfftect for two
> layers (both are tiled) in the map (one is the base layer and the other is
> an overlay). The other layers in the map are not using the transition
> effect. I DO see the transitioneffect happening when i zoom in/out sometimes
> but sometimes all the tiles are re-drawn over a clean white map area. Why is
> this so. I have noticed similar behavior even in the open layers examples
> page at
> http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.9.1/examples/transition.html.
> Even on this page sometimes the image is blurred because of the
> transitioneffect until all new tiles are received and sometimes all fresh
> tiles are drawn over a clean map area.
>
> Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks

I.R