[OpenLayers-Users] Click propagation problem

fooquency fooquency at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 09:57:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me out with some pointers or a code solution
with this OpenLayers problem I've run into. I've been going round for hours
trying to work out what's wrong, and I've not come across an obvious
solution in the documentation. The working example is at
http://bit.ly/dcutnD

What I'm trying to achive is:

1) Click on an icon
2) The popup comes up
3) Click 'Choose this point'. The point will be set as the start location
and the popup balloon will disappear.
4) Now if you click on another icon, the same thing should happen. BUT
instead, the popup briefly appears, a red icon is set (meaning 'finish') and
the popup disappears.

I thought this might be something to do with stopping click propagation,
which I see can be done using OpenLayers.Handler.Feature stopClick, or
presumably stopping an event passing through. But I couldn't work out how to
attach those to the SelectFeature. And anyway:

I don't think it's that because the first of the two clicks works exactly as
expected without me having to do anything special coding-wise. Therefore I'm
wondering if there is some implicit layer re-selection/activation going on,
or something that changes the state, which somehow I have to reset.

The two key files are photomap.js and itinerary.js.

Also there is a second issue, whereby the green/red markers appear under the
main feature icons. I am, however, setting the zIndex and zIndexing, but to
no effect - in the Chrome js inspector, both icon types get z-index=auto for
the computed style. Again, any pointers would be helpful. (NB I cannot
trivially change the code order so that the feature layers are loaded in the
other order.)

Any help would be gratefully received!

Martin