[OpenLayers-Users] Web-app with ablilty to save or send openlayers current map with written comments?

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 11:00:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am starting to program a web app which is based on having an openlayers map to
serve information from Geoserver. I would like there to be a side bar which lets
the users
save the current map window and write a comment about the given map section or
even sketch additional information onto the map. After this has been done, I
would like to save the map into a database together with the users comments. An
alternative would be to just let the user send the map and sketch per email
without saving it.

Has anyone every programmed such a web-app or could tell me where to start
looking?

Thanks,

Robert Buckley