[OpenLayers-Users] Vector layer returns entire data set

Rohan Parkes rohan.parkes at pelicancorp.com
Wed Aug 4 18:52:16 EDT 2010

My original response is still in moderation, so I should just report that I have discovered that I have to add the maxExtent property in the vector layer. It works properly now.

Still, it’s surprising that none of the examples I saw needed to do that. I thought the maxExtent value would bubble up to the overlay from the base layer. Also puzzled by the nonsensical values that were being passed by the layer to the server.

Rohan Parkes