[OpenLayers-Users] Attempt to use Google Maps v2 API fails because GMap2 is undefined

Guyren G Howe guyren at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 05:12:28 EDT 2010

I'm doing what seems like an entirely straightforward extrapolation of the Google Maps v3 api example from the openlayers site. I load the same javascript files in the same order and make the same calls in my initialization code.

But it fails with "The Google Layer was unable to load correctly".

The point where it throws an exception is a little ways into loadMapObject, where it does:
	mapObject = new GMap2(div);

This fails because it has no idea what GMap2 is. And I can't tell, even on the working OpenLayers example, where GMap2 gets defined...