[OpenLayers-Users] Is it possible to move controls off the map to other location of asp page?

Planet)x andrew.stewart at reddeer.ca
Thu Aug 19 17:58:24 EDT 2010

I am just beginning with openlayers. I have a VB project with the map and a
control panel and everything is working fine. I am just wondering since I
add the controls directly to the map with map.addControl("name") are
controls always going to be stuck to the map? What I am trying to do is
display the control on a different div other than the map one but not sure
if this is possible.. just want to get the scalebar control to move to the
bottom right of my asp page but still have the map in a seperate div. Any
suggestion appreciated!