[OpenLayers-Users] Problem displaying a vector layer of OSM data containing mixed nodes/ways

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 12:48:51 EDT 2010

>Hi,

>I'm trying to load in some data in OSM format into a Vector layer. The OSM data (not actual >OpenStreetMap data, but data from my own project for which I'm using OSM format) contains a >mixture of nodes and ways, e.g.:

[snip]

Sorry for reply to own post, but, I think I've found the answer to this in the source of OpenLayers.Format.OSM. It looks like features aren't created for nodes if they are already part of ways, however this can be turned off by passing the parameter checkTags with the value true into the constructor of that class.

Nick