[OpenLayers-Users] Please help: I would like features to support geometry collections

Lance Norskog goksron at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 04:05:37 EDT 2010

The use case is that I have places and roads. When I select a place, I
want the roads connected that place to appear, and disappear on
deselect. I have implemented Geometry.Collection in a Feature.Vector.
The data comes from a GeoRSS data source which spits out all of the
points and lines away per item.

I'm almost there. I would like a feature to contain a geometry
collection instead of just a base point. It should find the right
symbolizer for each base type in the collection. This way, different
symbolizer rule sets can display selected features v.s. default, and
the selected and unselected features can have arbitrary graphics.

I've added Collection to a few different places, and it all hangs
together. The problem is that only the last base type is rendered; I
have a point and a line in a collection, and only the line is
rendered. It gets the correct changed styles when selected v.s.
default. But only the line renders.

How can I change Style.js to display both the point and the line?

Thanks ever so much,

--
Lance Norskog
goksron at gmail.com