[OpenLayers-Users] FeatureInfo-Popup not returning results

Sven Burbeck sburbeck at bfs.de
Tue Aug 24 05:00:38 EDT 2010

Hi list,
I'm struggling to show GetFeatureInfo results in a GeoExtPopup.
I used the sample code for openLayers / GeoExt.popup.
That's the code:
    var featureInfo = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo();
            featureInfo.events.on({
                getfeatureinfo: function(e) {
                    new GeoExt.Popup({
                        title: "Info",
                        width: 200,
                        height: 150,
                        autoScroll: true,
                        maximizable: true,
                        map: map,
                        lonlat: map.getLonLatFromPixel(e.xy),
                        html: e.text
                    }).show();
                }
            });

    map.addControl(featureInfo);
    featureInfo.activate();
My WMS comes from MapServer (and FeatureInfo apparently works on the
selected layers).
When checking the request (copied from firebug) directly in the browser
I get the following error message:
'loadMap(): Web application error. CGI variable "map" is not set.'

And that's actually true. When adding the "map" parameter manually
everything works well.
However, I thought the requests "map" and "layers" parameter were given
by "map:map".

Maybe I simply missed something but currently I don't know what.

cheerrs,
Sven

--
Sven Burbeck