[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature with highlight, toggle

Christian Niemitz-Rossant cnr at m-click.de
Thu Aug 26 03:13:48 EDT 2010

I have some troubles using feature selection with highlight and toggle:

In the OpenLayers example highlight-feature.html I replaced the line 55
which is

{clickout: true}

by

{toggle: true}

Then I applied these steps

1. move cursor on the left triangle => triangle is highlighted
2. click on the left triangle => triangle is selected
3. move cursor out of the triangle => triangle is still selected
4. move cursor on the left triangle => triangle is highlighted
5. click on the triangle => triangle is normal
6. move cursor out of the triangle => triangle is still normal
7. move cursor on the triangle (no click!) => triangle is highlighted
8. move cursor out of the triangle => triangle is shown as selected
(without click!?)

So somehow the select and the highlight get confused about the correct
style. The feature is not selected, but it is displayed as selected.

It looks like a bug to me, but maybe there is another proposed way to
use highlight AND toggle at the same time (and hopefully including
multiple).

Thanks for your attention,

Christian Niemitz-Rossant