[OpenLayers-Users] Rotating WMS & WMF features for displaying the layout of interiors

Gregor Petrin gregor.petrin at razum.si
Fri Aug 27 06:37:23 EDT 2010

Hi,

I was wondering, how feasible would it be to rotate a layer before displaying it, both for WMS and WFS? The idea is to display the interior of any building rotated by a certain angle X (which is either user defined or calculated for each building) to display a 'nice' view to people who are used to seeing the buildings layed out horizontally (i.e. oriented 'east'-'west'), instead of how the building is actually oriented on the ground. Editing would also be required, but the actual coordinates that are stored into the database must remain true to their real geographical position.

We are using OpenLayers and Geoserver (with postgis) and I am rather new at this, so any hint, no matter how newbie it may seem, is helpful :)

Regards,
Gregor