[OpenLayers-Users] wrapDateLine bahaving differently in IE for WMS.Post layers

Charlton Galvarino charlton at 2creek.com
Tue Aug 31 11:29:16 EDT 2010

Hi, all.  I realize that vectors are tricky as they cross the dateline, but the behavior from FF to IE is different against the same WMS source which suggests that the problem is on the client side and not the server side.

If you take the wrapDateLine.html example, http://gentoo/OpenLayers-2.9.1/examples/wrapDateLine.html, and use it as is, zoom in one level and pan to the left by clicking on the left arrow a few times so that you've gone around the world at least once.  The blue vector(s) look fine.

Now go in and modify the wms line so that it reads 'var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Post(...'.  Launch the app, zoom in, and then pan left again.  You'll notice that the blue vectors are herky jerky, bouncing in and out of view -- the raster seems fine.  IE seems to be firing off requests way outside of the normal bbox (I hate debugging in IE).

It performs just fine w/ Post in FF.

Any ideas?

Charlton Galvarino
1 (803) 233-6205 : voice