[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers + Ext/GeoExt , can't get layer tree to work

Planet)x andrew.stewart at reddeer.ca
Tue Aug 31 17:41:08 EDT 2010

I am trying to get a layer tree to work from the tutorial located here -
http://geoext.org/tutorials/layertree-tutorial.html

Not sure exactly what I am doing wrong but previously I have a working
openlayers map with many layers defined. Do I have to actually add a map
panel to get this to work or can I just add a layer tree onto my existing
openlayers map? If I need a map panel (which I can get) the rest is not
working, after I create a map panel from their example and try to add the
existing code for a layerList/layerTree nothing shows up and I'm not quite
sure what I am doing wrong. Is there a better example? Appreciate any
advice/assitance!