[OpenLayers-Users] Error in IE8

Dylan Parry me at dylanparry.com
Mon Feb 8 14:20:51 EST 2010

Hi folks,

I’m getting the following error when attempting to view an OpenLayers-based page in IE8:

----
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:10:49 UTC

Message: 'undefined' is null or not an object
Line: 797
Char: 204
Code: 0
URI: http://openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js
----

Has anyone else experienced such an error? once the page has finished loading all I see is the OpenLayers UI but there is no base mapping showing and the zoom and layers controls appear to be empty. When put into compatibility mode I don’t even get that much, just an empty space where the map should be. The page in question works fine in every other browser that I have tested in.

Cheers,

--
Dylan Parry