[OpenLayers-Users] WMSGetFeatureInfo, missing geometry type ‘box’

Stefanie Weykam stefanie at weykam.net
Sat Feb 13 13:23:18 EST 2010

Hi again,
My problem still continues but I have been able to trace down the error …

Seems that OpenLayers actually tries to parse the data – I got as far as
to the parseFeature function in Format/GML.js. Here, the geometry type
is read (‘Box’) and then the parseGeometry function is called. This is
where the trouble starts since ‘box’ is missing here and thus not
recognized as a valid geometry…

I can hardly believe that I am the only one here struggling with
MapServer GetFeatureInfo responses in GML format. Is there any
workaround? By the way, I am not really interested in the geometry
itself, what matters is the attribute.

Thanks for any advice

12.1.1020:    WMSGetFeatureInfo not working as expected with msGMLoutput
Hi list members,

I have a problem with my Mapserver WMS server and the
OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo.

According to wmsOptions.params.info_format in the WMSGetFeatureInfo.js
request function is 'application/vnd.ogc.gml' (this is what I want)

In the WMSGetFeatureInfo.js handleResponse function request.responseXML
is null and request.responseText contains the data (see below). Is this
the normal behaviour?

<msGMLOutput
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
<geo_sardina_layer>
<geo_sardina_feature>
<gml:boundedBy>
<gml:Box srsName="EPSG:4326">
<gml:coordinates>-5.133333,43.583333 -5.133333,43.583333</gml:coordinates>
</gml:Box>
</gml:boundedBy>
<nombre_estacion>50</nombre_estacion>
<latitud>43.583333</latitud>
<longitud>-5.133333</longitud>
<abundancia_sardina>0.854413312</abundancia_sardina>
</geo_sardina_feature>
</geo_sardina_layer>
</msGMLOutput>

I then get an error message saying “Geometry Type not supported: Box”

How do I get my GML response parsed correctly?

Related Software:
OpenLayers 2.8
Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows with Firebug
UMN Mapserver 5.2.1 as WMS Server