[OpenLayers-Users] How to recenter the map when drawing

smartini nabble at stevemartin.org.uk
Tue Feb 16 11:11:28 EST 2010

Hi.
Just to define my business requirement first. When drawing on the map aka
plotting a trail, I need to be able to recenter the map at the point at
which a vertex is added.

Registering a click handler for the map to trigger a recenter only appears
to work when not in sketch mode.
The myriad of events available during drawing do not appear to provide me
with what I need. Basically, there's the absence of a 'click' or a
'VertexAdded' event.

Just to reiterate, I can successfully register click events with the map and
perform recentering based on the coordinates from these event arguments. I
cannot, however, seem to be able to achieve this while in the process of
plotting lines.

Regards,
Steve