[OpenLayers-Users] Keep Feature.Vector visible near the maps border

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Feb 17 14:17:39 EST 2010

On 2010-02-17 17:24, J.Schumann wrote:
> I'm using OpenLayers.Feature.Vector with OpenLayers.Geometry.Point and a
> StyleMap using an externalGraphic. This works good except the fact that the
> features dissappear to early near the map border, when the Point leaves the
> viewport. But I need the externalGraphic to stay visible for some more
> pixels even when the graphics center / the Geometry.Point leaves the map. Is
> there any threshold I can set for this purpose?

I could think of a workaround, but not a real solution: If you have a
styleMap, you can modify the bounds of your point geometries
(feature.geometry.bounds) in a context function, to make them fit your
symbol size. See http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/styles-context.html.

A real solution would be one that tweaks the Renderer::drawFeature method.

Regards,
Andreas.

--
Andreas Hocevar