[OpenLayers-Users] Selectfeature not firing

Chris Green chris.green at ibstv.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 08:47:24 EST 2010

Hello all

Hope someone can help with what is probably a simple problem that I don't
seem to be able to solve. I have created a vector layer which has features
taken from a wms layer:

var wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Countries WFS", {

            styleMap: styleMap2,

            strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],

            protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({

            url:
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apps/OLFurtherTest/htdocs/
wfsVectorGetFeature.map",

            featureType: "France",

            featureNS: "http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver"

           })

    });

    map.addLayer(wfs);

This works OK, but I want to be able to click to select an individual
feature so I added:

var selectCtrl = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(wfs,

                {clickout: true}

            );

    map.addControl(selectCtrl);

    selectCtrl.activate();

However the selectfeature control does not fire in response to any map
clicks. Can anyone suggest what I am missing?

Chris