[OpenLayers-Users] Cartographer.js Thematic Mapping Library

Brad Spencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Sun Jan 3 16:07:53 EST 2010

Steve,

The problem I find with these solutions is that this is based on vector
layers at the client - correct me if I'm wrong? That means it suffers from
performance issues given the area of interest. When you zoom in on the data
you can see that it has been heavily filtered to minimize this problem but
that implies that this type of a solution does not scale.

I prefer an SLD based alternative that leaves the data on the server and
only returns the rendered thematic map to the client as a WMS request and
the full resolution of the data is retained at all scales. Its also OGC
compliant.

Am I missing something here?

Brad....