[OpenLayers-Users] writing and saving text and then displaying it as a wfs layer

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Mon Jan 11 09:01:45 EST 2010

Alauddin,

  Please, reply to the list as many other might be able to help you.

  Please, take a look at the following example [1].  In it, you have a
vector layer configured to a WFS-T server to allow transactions.
OpenLayers is responsible of generating the transaction by AJAX on
commit.  Look at the code of the example for more.

  If it can help, I also made a WFS-T little demo a year ago.  The
OpenLayers version is outdated, but it might help too [2].  It uses
TinyOWS as the WFS-T server (instead of GeoServer) though.

  Hope it helps,

Alexandre

[1] http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-protocol-transactions.html
[2] http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga/bdgaWFS-T.html