[OpenLayers-Users] Missing <ms:msGeometry> for vector layer

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Thu Jan 14 05:31:01 EST 2010

Hello

I have a WFS Server set up and it works so far. Using OL.Layer.WFS gives me
my Layer as requested. However using OL.Layer.Vector with a WFS protocol
does not draw anything. Analyzing the request done in Firebug and comparing
it with the Layer.WFS request shows that the <ms:msGeometry> part is missing
from the response for the Layer.Vector. The Server is a UMN Mapserver ...
Any clues why the geometry is missing from the response?

My layer definitions:

 // works
    var winzer_1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS (
                'Winzer1',
'http://www.gis-hosting.lu/ogc/wms/strassederroemer',
                { typename: 'winzer' },
                { featureClass: OpenLayers.Feature.WFS }
    );

// does not work
                var winzer_2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector ('Winzer2',
		{
				strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
				protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS (
					{
						url: 'http://www.gis-hosting.lu/ogc/service/strassederroemer',
						featureType: 'winzer',