[OpenLayers-Users] Cursor style on control activation

Ivan Grcic igrcic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 09:21:27 EST 2010

>From Control\WMSGetFeatureInfo.js :

// Set the cursor to "wait" to tell the user we're working on their click.
OpenLayers.Element.addClass(this.map.viewPortDiv, "olCursorWait");

 // Reset the cursor.
 OpenLayers.Element.removeClass(this.map.viewPortDiv, "olCursorWait");

Cheers

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
<ks at geograf.dk> wrote:
> If you use Firefox and Firebug, you can select the map's div node,
> and see what css classes are applied.
> When you drag an item,
> you can see that the css classes for the div change.
>
> Using this method you can both get the answer to your question,
> and debug issues with cursors (and styles in general).
>
> What class name is actually applied depends on what control you are using.
>
> The ZoomBox uses this classname:
> "displayclass" + Active.olDrawBox
>
> Where the pan tool uses this name:
> "displayclass" + Active.olDragDown
>
> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
>
> On 14-01-2010 01:46, Richard Greenwood wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM,<bartvde at osgis.nl>  wrote:
>>
>>> IIRC the syntax is:
>>>
>>> .olControlZoomBoxActive {
>>>   cursor: pointer;
>>> }
>>>
>>> etc. so displayClass plus Active.
>>>
>>> Bart
>>>
>> Bart,

>> - using displayClass plus Active correctly sets the cursor until the
>> user begins dragging, at which point the cursor changes back to the
>> default. Is there a way to retain the custom cursor while it is being
>> dragged?
>>
>> Thanks,

Ivan Grcic