[OpenLayers-Users] Installing OpenLayers in WinXP

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 12:08:35 EST 2010

Dear all,

I've been using Geoserver in WinXP for some time, exploring its
possibilities with OpenLayers. Geoserver seems to install Apache and a lean
version of OpenLayers, which lacks many modules. So far to use these modules
I've been copying them into GeoServer's script directory
(data_dir/www/openlayers) and including them by hand in the code, like:

    <script src="../openlayers/OverviewMap.js"></script>

So now I'd need to install OpenLayers somehow, so that when OpenLayers.js
includes a file such as 'OpenLayers/Controls/OverviewMap.js' it finds the
proper path. How do I do this? Install it with Apache or can it be deployed
to GeoServer?

This is really a newbie one, but I'm unfamiliar with Apache and am a bit in
the dark.

Thank you,

Luís