[OpenLayers-Users] Zoom to feature after mapload

Marco Scheuble mail at marco-scheuble.de
Wed Jan 27 04:18:39 EST 2010

Hi Herman,
maybe you're looking for s.th. like this:

get the bounds of a feature:
var bounds = features[i].geometry.getBounds();

calculate zoom and zoom to the feature::
var desiredZoom = map.getZoomForExtent(bounds);
map.setCenter(bounds.getCenterLonLat(), desiredZoom);

for more information look at:

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Addins/ZoomToFeatures

hope this helped.
cheers, Marco