[OpenLayers-Users] Setting / Configuring proxy in Openlayers/JavaScript

JobvdSande job.vandesande at atosorigin.com
Wed Jan 27 05:28:13 EST 2010

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your reply. I know indeed that this is one way of setting up a
proxy in OpenLayers, to avoid the same origin policy (or something, not sure
atm).

The problem actuality is, we have a proxy running on eq localhost:8081, this
proxy will rap the request into a soap message. That's why i want also
openlayers to use this proxy.

One other way, what is not working, is to set IE to this very same proxy,
but then our proxy crashes because every request made by any windows
application is routed trough our proxy, was of course, is not its
intention..

Hopefully it is posible to do this either in openlayers or javascript.