[OpenLayers-Users] WFS reprojection help

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Thu Jul 15 22:13:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a map that I think should work at:

 http://crschmidt.net/mapping/mas/wfs-states.html

This is a minimal modification of the wfs-states.html included in the examples.

Specifically, I've added:
 * Proj4js lib
 *         <script src="http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/26986/proj4js/"></script>

And modified the layer to be a simple layer that requires reprojection.

    var wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("States", {
        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX({ratio: 1.1})],
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
            url: "http://giswebservices.massgis.state.ma.us/geoserver/wfs",
            version: '1.0.0',
            featureType: "GISDATA.CENSUS2000BLOCKGROUPS_POLY",
            geometryName: 'SHAPE',
            featureNS: "http://massgis.state.ma.us/featuretype"
        }),
        projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:26986")
    });

The layer in question is being requested from the server with an srsName that matches
the projection, but the coordinates are wrong (EPSG:4326).

I've looked at the wfs-reprojection example; I've tried adding srsName
to the protocol with no additional luck.

Help?

Christopher Schmidt
Nokia