[OpenLayers-Users] extract attributes from a geoserver wms

Giuseppe Naponiello beppenapo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 03:40:40 EDT 2010

Hi all,
my problem is:
I have a map with two wms layers served by GeoServer, and would like
to display in a pop-up some attributes of the second layer.
I would also like to customize the pop-ups.
I tried several ways but the one I work is:
#info = new OpenLayers.Control.
#WMSGetFeatureInfo ((
#            url: 'http://10.0.0.161:8080/geoserver/wms',
#           title: 'Identify features by clicking',
#            queryVisible: true,
#            eventListeners: (
#                getfeatureinfo: function (event) (
#                    map.addPopup (new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud (
#                        "Chicken"
#                        map.getLonLatFromPixel (event.xy)
#                        null
#                        event.text,
#                        null
#                        true
#                    ));
#                )
#            )
#        ));
#        map.addControl (info);
#        info.activate ();

With this code, however, I see the pop-up with "all" attributes in a table.
There is an alternative way, which doesn't uses GML, KML and other
formats, but uses only wms or wfs?

Another problem:
I tried with wfs but even I can not see nothing on the map!
I've tried with this code:

#var wfslayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS", {
#   strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
#   protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
#             url:  "http://10.0.0.161:8080/geoserver/wfs",
#             featureType: "aeroporti",
#             featureNS: "http://geoserver.org",
#             srsName: "EPSG:4326",