[OpenLayers-Users] WMS Time Example

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 08:51:23 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Jakub Rojek <kuba.rojek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask how the radar image has to be stored in server. I have
> set of chronologically ordered images and I  would like to present them
> exactly like it is done in this example, but I do not know how to sore them.

Hello,

I believe I'm the data source for the example you are looking at.  The
imagery is servered up via mapserver + PostGIS.  The imagery is stored
on disk with filenames based on their timestamps.  Then the database
stores the bounding box and times of the files on disk.  This may help
you out a bunch:

http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_time.html

daryl