[OpenLayers-Users] How to set min/maxResolution for Layers on the OverviewMap?

Fabian Patzke (OL) listensammler at patzi.de
Wed Jun 2 09:40:41 EDT 2010

Hi there,
I wanted to set up my OverViewMap with 2 layers. The layers should be
visible depending on the overviewmaps resolution. So I initialized my layers
as following:

  var ov1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
    "name1"
    ,"http://url1?"
    ,{
      layers: "0"
      ,format: "image/jpeg"
    }
    ,{
      ,"maxResolution": 1765.0
      ,"minResolution": 120.0
    }
  );
  var uebersichtsLayerLK = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
    "name2"
    ,"http://url2?"
    ,{
      layers: "1"
      ,format: "image/png"
    }
    ,{
      ,"maxResolution": 120.0
      ,"minResolution": 0.01
    }
  );

And the ovMap:

  var ovOpts = {
    mapOptions: {
      maxExtent: map.getMaxExtent()
      ,projection: map.getProjection()
      ,units: map.getUnits()
      ,maxResolution: 7059.0
      ,minResolution: 0.01
    }
    ,layers: [
      ov1
      ,ov2
    ]
    ,size: new OpenLayers.Size(275,150)
    ,div: ...
    ,maxRatio: 40
    ,minRation: 10
  };
  var ovMap = new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap(ovOpts);
  map..addControl(ovMap);

But this wont work as I aspect to work. Both layers are visible from start
and not only if they are in the right resolution.
Am I missing something? If anyone can point me mistake, or tell me that it
isn't possible I'll be glad.

Thanks in advance,
Fabian