[OpenLayers-Users] sub maps for distant regions of U.S.

Alessandro Ferrucci alessandroferrucci at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 07:06:24 EDT 2010

Hello,
I am building a map of the US.
There are U.S. territories which are distant from the mainland, for example
Guam.
I would like to create a 2 or 3 smaller maps to attach to the inside of the
main map so that I have all territories viewable within 1 map (This trick
has been done in mapping ever since the beginning of mapping, usually the
sub map is placed on the south-end of the main map, but I don't know the
technical term for this technique).

If I made myself clear as to what I am trying to do does anyone know how
this can be accomplished with openlayers ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Signed,
Alessandro Ferrucci