[OpenLayers-Users] vector labels using kml

Thqr s.underwood at fugro.com.au
Wed Jun 9 23:09:33 EDT 2010

I am using the   label : "${name}"  exactly how you specified and still can
not get the name from the KML to apply to a label on any of my placemarks
from my KML feed. Tried you style exactly did not work this is what I was
trying with:

\\-

               var styleMap = new OpenLayers.StyleMap({
                    fillOpacity: 1,
                    pointRadius: 10,
                    label: "${name}",
                    fontColor: "#7E3C1C",
                    fontSize: "13px",
                    fontFamily: "Courier New, monospace",
                    fontWeight: "strong",
                    labelXOffset: "0",
                    labelYOffset: "-15"
                });

\\-

and the layer:

\\-

                    var mykmllayer= new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("KML Layer",
{
                    styleMap: styleMap,
                        projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),
                        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()],
                        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
                            url: URLTOKML,
                            format: new OpenLayers.Format.KML({
                            styleMap: myStyles,
                                extractStyles: true,