[OpenLayers-Users] Points (vector) on either side of date line

Mike K. poseidon3182 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 08:11:51 EDT 2010

I am trying to make points appear no matter what side of the date line they
are.  I understand that wrapDateLine has some issues with that (having
searched for the last week for an answer) and that one of the ways to do it
is to "brute force" it by adding the vector twice and shifting the
coordinates.

What I am trying to figure out is exactly how I would go about doing it.  My
layer is an RSS feed that I am bringing as a Vector layer (having just
switched from using GML layer).  I am bringing it into 2 different layers
and was going to add a "beforefeatureadded" event listener on one of the
layers to shift the points over, but every time I add or subtract 360 to X,
there are only 2 features added and they don't appear on the map.

Anyone have any ideas?