[OpenLayers-Users] GeoExt + OpenLayers: WMSGetCapabilities->WMS layering onto OSM

Jefferson Heard jefferson.r.heard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 11:47:35 EDT 2010

I'm trying to layer a WMS layer onto an OpenStreetMaps map.  I'm getting WMS layers from WMSGetCapabilities records coming from GeoExt.  My base layer is, of course, spherical mercator (OSM), but my WMS layers are EPSG:4326 - namely the NOAA Weather Radar Mosaic and IR base reflectivity images.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Currently, I'm doing this:

var grid = Ext.getCmp('avail_overlays_grid');
var record = grid.getSelectionModel().getSelected();
if(record) {
	var copy = record.copy();
	copy.data["layer"] =  record.get("layer");
	copy.get("layer").mergeNewParams({
		format: "image/png",
		transparent: true,
                reproject: true
        });
	copy.get("layer").shared=false;
        copy.get("layer").displayInLayerSwitcher=true;
        panel.layers.add(copy);