[OpenLayers-Users] GeoExt + OpenLayers: WMSGetCapabilities->WMS layering onto OSM

Zoran Jankovic zoran.m.jankovic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 12:15:10 EDT 2010

OK, here is how I defined my WMS layer that I'm showing on top of Gmaps. The
key is to define "srs" parameter to Geoserver. In my case this is a custom
projection that can be defined in epsg.properties

 var tiled = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("ulice_kutina - Tiled", "
http://89.164.44.84/geoserver/wms",

                   {
                   layers: 'zoran:ulice',
                   styles: '',
                   srs: '222222',
                   format: 'image/png',
                   tiled: 'true',
                   transparent: true
                },
                {
                    'opacity': 1, 'isBaseLayer': false, 'wrapDateLine': true
                }
            );

I also set up custom displayProjection, but for that I had to employ
Proj4js-compressed.js (thanks Mike Adair!).
Google displayProjection and Geoserver, you'll find plenty of examples...

Best regards,
---
Zoran Jankovic
ZIS-Izrada softvera i savjetovanje / ZIS - Software Development and
Consulting

http://www.zisis.hr

M: 00 385 98 682 902
T:  00 385 44 683 374