[OpenLayers-Users] How to configure Open Source technologies for building a WebGIS application

Arnie Shore ashore3 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 21 11:37:26 EDT 2010

Ummmm, not to be too unkind, but OP suggested  "I now have a hammer,
nails, lumber, and a saw.  How do I build something?"

My personal view is to start with a need - either real or perceived.
E.g., I started with a perception of a need for free open-source
emergency dispatch software, which wd include a geo component.  While
the target user community changed mid-course, it gave me a framework in
which to develop specific technical and operational requirements.

HTH,

AS