[OpenLayers-Users] How to SetUp Open Layers for an XML/WMS Service

Kalyan Kamepalli kalyan.kamepalli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 23:44:33 EDT 2010

  Hello Everyone,

I am new to Java Script and thus Open Layers. I have an application server
that provides a map service and many other services like select, zoom in
zoom out.I wanted to map them on to Open layers and finally embed open
layers on to a website. The map service is an XML based and it generates an
XML response.I also have WMS services that respond in WMS format.

Could someone share me the procedure to make the above process to work
please. I know a bit of Java Script. Like how it works and how to code in it
and the function,Object structure of it. But, I never worked on it.

Regards,

Kalyan