[OpenLayers-Users] How to SetUp Open Layers for an XML/WMS Service

Kalyan Kamepalli kalyan.kamepalli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 23:41:12 EDT 2010

Hi group,

I do have a WMS service with my product, I am actually trying to use
Smallworld Geospatial Server with WMS service. I just found one example
using WMS service and trying to edit it to work with my service call. I
changed the script section as follows

<script type="text/javascript">
            var map = new OpenLayers.Map('map',{maxResolution: 0.703125} );
            var wmscURL = [
                        "
http://localhost:8080/gss/ogc?request=GetMap&service=WMS&version=1.3.0&width=600&height=600&format=image/jpeg&bbox=545130525,258147752,546437807,259455034&crs=sw:uk_british_national_grid_mm
"
                                                //"
http://wmsc1.terrapages.net/getmap?",
                                                //"
http://wmsc2.terrapages.net/getmap?",
                                                //"
http://wmsc3.terrapages.net/getmap?",
                                                //"
http://wmsc4.terrapages.net/getmap?"
                                                ];
            //var terrapagesStreetLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
'TerraPages Street',wmscURL, {layers: 'UnprojectedStreet', format:
'image/jpeg' }, {buffer: 1, isBaseLayer: true} );
            //map.addLayer(terrapagesStreetLayer);
            map.zoomToMaxExtent();
</script>

As I don’t want to display any other map, I commented those 4 map requests
and included my request. But, It doesn’t give me any map. What could be
reason for that ??
If I use the same URL directly from a browser, I could see a map.  Is there
something I am missing ? or is it not the way to call a map service ??

Thanks,
Kalyan