[OpenLayers-Users] How to generate new map for each Zoom in/out & Pan operations

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Wed Jun 30 02:24:46 EDT 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 2:17 AM, ext Kalyan Kamepalli wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am really sorry for posting too many questions on this group. I am a novice to web technologies and of course to Java Script. So, I have no option except posting something here and get expert suggestions/solutions.

Untrue. You have many options; you could research and learn Javascript, you could start with existing examples, you could read through existing documentation, you could pay a developer to prepare some tutorials for you, etc. Posting here is the option you're choosing, I understand, but you have many options.

> Here’s my next question.
>
> Currently I have a static map ( as I only added one url to the WMS layer ) and  I should now develop a mechanism to build a new url for every pan, zoom in and zoom out operations on the map. That means, all those operations should develop a new map and display rather performing those operations on the existing map.
>
> Any guide lines ?

Did you follow the instructions in my previous email yet? OpenLayers does this by default, the only reason that yours didn't do this already is because you misconfigured your map. I gave you more correct configuration. If that didn't work for you, can you give details of how it did not work?

Christopher Schmidt
Nokia