[OpenLayers-Users] Can multiple layers load in parallel

Charlie Midtlyng Charlie.Midtlyng at triona.no
Mon Mar 1 07:14:39 EST 2010

Hi,
I am using GeoServer, GeoExt and OpenLayers to display maps with different layers. I have expirienced that use of multiple layers slows down the performance of loading the map.
It seems that each layer must be fully drawn before the next layer is requested. When I have 6+ layers this is a bottleneck for drawing the map.
Is there a way to request these layers in parallel or pseudo-parallel (request layer - get request/request new - draw, instead of request-draw-request-draw...)?

Does anyone have a good solution to speed up this process?